Replacement Conveyor Belts Nationwide
The belt is one of the most important parts of any kind of conveyor system, so it must be working correctly. Conveyor systems are used for easier transportation, distribution, and materials handling, and there is a wide range of commercial and industrial conveyor belts on the market. For those who use a conveyor system, it can be challenging to differentiate between all the conveyor belt types. When you need the right replacement conveyor belt for a conveyor system, and when buying the wrong belt can lead to workflow disruption in both a commercial and industrial setting, it’s essential that you know what to look for.
Although conveyor systems can appear fairly complicated, they all generally work using a pulley and lever mechanism. The conveyor belt is attached to a number of motors in a constant loop design, meaning that the belt is driven forward. It is the rotational loop that is the conveyor belt. However, issues can arise with different belt types. If left untreated, deterioration of your conveyor systems is inevitable and will result in the need for a replacement conveyor belt. Some of the most common issues include:
● Material Spillage: When transporting bulk materials, there is always the potential for there to be spills and mishaps. Even if the material being conveyed is not dangerous, it can cause buildups and blockages, and that will cause deterioration of the most heavy duty conveyor systems.
● Belt Slipping: A common issue, belt slipping often occurs due to excess loading. This leads to high levels of tension that different conveyor belt types may not be able to handle. Belt slippage can also occur due to wear and tear on splices or due to excess material spillage. Not all belt slippages will require a new conveyor belt, and regular maintenance can extend the life of a conveyor belt.
● Loading Issues: When items are placed on a conveyor belt haphazardly, then damage is inevitable. In some settings, heavy items are often thrown onto a conveyor belt, and this will result in a damaged belt. When a belt is damaged by excess stress, a conveyor belt replacement is often necessary.
● Loading Off-Center: If items are not loaded onto conveyor systems correctly, then wear and tear will result in the rapid deterioration of the conveyor belt. This is a common issue for industrial conveyor belts where bulk materials are being transported across long distances.
There are lots of factors that are involved when it comes to choosing a conveyor belt replacement. If your conveyor system has become damaged, then you will need to address a wide range of factors to ensure that your new conveyor belt is fit for purpose. Everything from the length, the dimensions, and the belt material will need to be addressed. You will need to consider:
● Length and Width: This is the first consideration to take into account. If you get a conveyor belt replacement and it is the wrong size, then you will find that wear and tear is much faster, and your costs will go up as you will have to buy a new conveyor belt much more regularly. Make sure that you know the dimensions of your conveyor systems before you purchase replacement conveyor belts.
● Load Type: The best conveyor belt for your system will be very dependent on what is being transported. As well as the weight, size, and shape of the bulk material being moved from point A to point B, you will also have to factor in:
- Type of product: Different materials will require that your conveyor belt is made of the material to match. Items with sharp edges, for example, will need to be put onto plastic belts that will be more durable.
- Movement of the Belt: While many conveyor systems are horizontal transportation only, there are many settings where there is a decline or incline, and that will require ensuring that bulk materials and single objects are securely in place. In those cases, conveyor belts with stoppers should be the priority.
- Environment: Different settings will require different conveyor belt types. If you are working in a high-temperature industrial setting, then the material for your new conveyor belt will need to be able to withstand the heat.
There are many conveyor belt types available, and having the right size, material, and design is essential. If you fail to install the right type of conveyor belt, then you not only run the risk of needing a conveyor belt replacement on a regular basis but you also:
● Expose workers to potential injury
● Risk the damage of products
● Harm your conveyor system
It’s not always easy to choose the right conveyor belt replacement for the different types of conveyor systems. Always make sure that you get advice from professionals, and you will maximize the potential of your new conveyor belt and ensure that workflow is not negatively impacted on a regular basis.
What are conveyors used for?
Conveyors are a great solution to move material or objects both short and long distances in bulk. Conveyors can be designed to do this with little human input and sorting can even be done with automation. Conveyors help you move more material faster and more precisely.
What is a conveyor belt system?
A conveyor system is a complete integrated solution for sorting, conveying, and categorizing material and objects. Conveyor systems are typically made from multiple conveyors as well as sorting equipment, mezzanines and other large structures.
How to clean and lubricate a conveyor system?
Maintenance is extremely important in a conveyor system. Proper maintenance will both decrease down time and increase the life of your conveyor system. Visual inspections are one of your best tools. Walk around and make sure every conveyor is free of debris and jams. It is imperative that all materials are removed from buildup locations on a regular basis. Lubricate your bearings, chains and gearboxes at the manufacturers recommended intervals. If you do these things that will go a long way to ensuring the longevity of your system.
How to design a belt conveyor?
Conveyor belts vary significantly from food grade to steel scrap yards and everything in between. We recommend that you contact our sales team if you are looking to replace a conveyor belt or design a new one. Fluent Conveyors can get you headed in the right direction.
Where are conveyor belts used?
Conveyor belts are used in hundreds of industries to help increase productivity and decrease safety issues.
Common industries include the following: food and beverage, package handling, recycling, mining, agriculture, automotive, dry cleaning, manufacturing, airports, postal service, logging, construction and more!